Our timeline builder was created by Zach Wise, who last yearÂ joined the Medill facultyÂ from the New York Times.Â Â In teaching students to deploy timelines, Wise found there wasnâ€™t a satisfactory tool that met current needs.Â Working with the Knight Lab, he created one of his own and itâ€™s now available atÂ knightlabtimeline.com.
About this tool
freeDive transforms Google Spreadsheets into searchable databases that can be embedded in web sites. Find out more on ourFAQ page.
- Users can easily search your data.
- Users get results in an interactive, sortable table with filters to refine the search.
- The wizard walks you through creating a search widget.
- Customize the interface based on the content of your spreadsheet.
- The embed code allows users to share search results on social. networks.